Skip to main content

(4) Wanna see something cool...camera angles

Guys & Gals!!!, I wanted to show you all something cool...

I've been learning some awesome stuff lately in terms of camera angles and I just thought you'd all be interested in taking a peep.

So lets start

The first angle I want to demonstrate is the High Angle, a camera shot that looks down on the subject


The purpose of the high angle is to make the subject look powerless and vulnerable, for example in this picture the subject is looking up at the camera as if it is a bigger entity looking down on him, this shot also makes the subject appear smaller and in effect more powerless.

The second angle I have for you is the Low Angle, a camera shot that looks up at the subject



The purpose of the low angle in contrast to the high angle is to make the subject appear strong and powerful, yep I sure do feel scared here, your buying that right?

The third angle I've got is the Canted Angle, this is an angle that's well, angled of course, or you can say tilted, here take a look


The canted angle is useful as it produces a viewpoint similar to someone tilting their head to the side. Personally I think it makes really cool shots. We'll discuss even more angles in my next blog, so be there or be square.

Thanks for reading!
Images taken by...me?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(63) But wait...there's more!! Creative Critical Reflection #1

  The end is nigh. Welcome back guys, well now that we've finished our magazine, let's reflect on this journey! So this is one of four critical reflections that I will be doing! Within each of these I will be answering and reflecting on a question about our magazine. So for today, How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?     Well to answer the first part of this question, let me put it simply, my magazine consists of all the basic conventions of a magazine. It includes a masthead, a main image, cover lines, a date line, a barcode, and a price. Throughout the production process of this magazine I was inspired by many different magazines like Men's Journal and Playboy Magazine. In the cover page, the first thing you notice is my masthead. The masthead is the title of a magazine located at the top of the cover page. I used font hierarchy to determine what I wanted the viewer to see first. I called the magazine Menl...

(22) Hey I got something for you...Magazine Types

  Your back? I didn't think you'd be back to be honest, not quite sure what to do from here, didn't really plan to get this far...hmm, I mean since your already here I guess I can show you something new. Let me see here *looks through collection of hundreds of drafted blog ideas for the year*, ah here is a good one, lets go over Magazine Types!! So today I'll be discussing magazine types with you, lets begin!!! There are 3 main types of magazines that most other magazines fall under as sub-categories, today I'll discuss both in ONE blog, enjoy; CONSUMER MAGAZINES; Our first type of magazine is consumer magazines, the target audience for these types of magazines are the general public and have the widest readership of the 3 types. Some popular examples of this type of magazine are Vogue, Sports Illustrated, and Reader's Digest, most of which we've mentioned in previous blogs. They are commonly printed on glossy papers and as such are often referred to by peop...

(30) It's not about the GRA...anatomy of page DEsign part 2!!!

  *Dying* argh...totally worth...the joke...*dies* If you can appreciate that statement for it's depth then you have great perception. I hope these aren't all flying over your head, anyways let's get back to...work...I MEAN FUN LEARNING!! You believing that right? You said no? Good, I don't wanna pretend, let's get straight to it, today I will be covering the remaining terms I see as critical to understand when discussing the anatomy of page design. So to recap I will be discussing body text, images, and graphics today. Let us begin! Body Text: The body text is basically the main text content of an article or feature within a magazine. This text is typically set in a readable font and size, and is positioned in a way that allows the reader to easily scan and read through the content.  The body text is an important part of the overall design of a magazine page, as it provides the main information and content for the reader. In terms of page design, the body text is t...