Skip to main content

(4) Wanna see something cool...camera angles

Guys & Gals!!!, I wanted to show you all something cool...

I've been learning some awesome stuff lately in terms of camera angles and I just thought you'd all be interested in taking a peep.

So lets start

The first angle I want to demonstrate is the High Angle, a camera shot that looks down on the subject


The purpose of the high angle is to make the subject look powerless and vulnerable, for example in this picture the subject is looking up at the camera as if it is a bigger entity looking down on him, this shot also makes the subject appear smaller and in effect more powerless.

The second angle I have for you is the Low Angle, a camera shot that looks up at the subject



The purpose of the low angle in contrast to the high angle is to make the subject appear strong and powerful, yep I sure do feel scared here, your buying that right?

The third angle I've got is the Canted Angle, this is an angle that's well, angled of course, or you can say tilted, here take a look


The canted angle is useful as it produces a viewpoint similar to someone tilting their head to the side. Personally I think it makes really cool shots. We'll discuss even more angles in my next blog, so be there or be square.

Thanks for reading!
Images taken by...me?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(21) Is it really a good morning?... House Styles PART 2!!!

  I think I'm losing it, I've looked everywhere, but I just can't find it...OH THERE YOU ARE!! Welcome...back, I wasn't looking for you, no...I was looking for my...uhm MY GLASSES!!..."where are MY glasses?" ahhh gotcha, anyways lets get back to discussing house styles, well we already discussed it, so lets look at some examples, Yes right away I think you guys can see the general theme and use of house styles in this magazine. It's pretty easy to spot. For one we can typically see an image of an individual in the cover, the magazine logo, in this case being XXL, and the use of large headings typically at the bottom left with a barcode at the bottom right. Lets go over some more analyzed and high quality examples, These are some very nicely analyzed examples and they easily searchable on the internet so credit to the google search "house style in magazine". Anyways we can see that the Vogue magazine is clearly very streamlined in it's product

(5) Check this out! More camera angles, yes!

I knew you'd want some more  😉 and I've got you covered!! Today I wanted to demonstrate to you some more camera angles and shots!! The first camera angle is the establishing shot This shot is used to establish the location and environment of a scene and can also set the mood while giving the audience visual clues of the day, time, and general situation. For example in the establishing shot you can tell it's within a school. Another angle similar to the establishing shot is the master shot This shot is meant to focus not as much on the location, but more on all the subjects in the scene, smaller shots can be interwoven into the master shot. Moving on,  I have the close-up up shot This shot is taken very close to the subject and has the subject fill most of the frame, the purpose is to emphasize the subject or a small feature of theirs. For example in the photo it appears like he's thinking and you can deduce this by his facial expressions. Any closer and this would

(20) Hey, what if we like stopped being creative?...hmm good idea, House Styles

  Hey there friends...what? Your not my friend? That can be solved *gives you half eaten donut*, yeah we chill now. ANYWAYS, to all my dear readers, AHEM, yeah I mean you!! I wanted to discuss with you what is house styles with regards to magazines. I care for you all and would hate to waste your time so I'm going to make this short and sweet and divide this topic into two separate blogs, I will use one blog for to help you understand the subject of house styles in magazines and another blog to demonstrate this in terms of actual magazines so you can see house styles in how it is applied in terms of an industry setting i.e. official magazines. But before I begin let me give you a short list of useful resources to understand the concept of house styles before I simplify it to oblivion for you; https://www.thoughtco.com/house-style-editing-1690842 https://www.theeword.co.uk/blog/creating-a-house-style-for-your-content-why-how/ https://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/encyclopedias-alm