Skip to main content

(38) Magazine Review - Table of Contents

 



Hey guys welcome back to Pablo's magazine reviews, just kidding, well not really, today I'm going to be reviewing part of a magazine, the table of contents to be more precise as I believe we could benefit from some more inspiration and guidance that comes from reviewing other already made table of contents, alright let's begin!

I really like this example, it's simple and clean. The large fonts are really in your face and fulfill their purpose, to tell you where everything is, the black and white contrast also help this purpose, this is a great table of contents, let's look at another one-


This table of contents is also really nice, I like how they both look very modern and simple, I think that kind of style would work great for a men's fashion magazine, I men when you think about it, how do men talk? Well we tend to just get straight to the point, so since I like to add deeper meaning to things this would make great symbolism in my opinion. So two things to note about how I want my table of content to be like would be simple and clear. Alright now as for the double page spread we'll cover that in a future blog.

Until then, thanks for reading!
*Images generously taken from free online sources*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(63) But wait...there's more!! Creative Critical Reflection #1

  The end is nigh. Welcome back guys, well now that we've finished our magazine, let's reflect on this journey! So this is one of four critical reflections that I will be doing! Within each of these I will be answering and reflecting on a question about our magazine. So for today, How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?     Well to answer the first part of this question, let me put it simply, my magazine consists of all the basic conventions of a magazine. It includes a masthead, a main image, cover lines, a date line, a barcode, and a price. Throughout the production process of this magazine I was inspired by many different magazines like Men's Journal and Playboy Magazine. In the cover page, the first thing you notice is my masthead. The masthead is the title of a magazine located at the top of the cover page. I used font hierarchy to determine what I wanted the viewer to see first. I called the magazine Menl...

(30) It's not about the GRA...anatomy of page DEsign part 2!!!

  *Dying* argh...totally worth...the joke...*dies* If you can appreciate that statement for it's depth then you have great perception. I hope these aren't all flying over your head, anyways let's get back to...work...I MEAN FUN LEARNING!! You believing that right? You said no? Good, I don't wanna pretend, let's get straight to it, today I will be covering the remaining terms I see as critical to understand when discussing the anatomy of page design. So to recap I will be discussing body text, images, and graphics today. Let us begin! Body Text: The body text is basically the main text content of an article or feature within a magazine. This text is typically set in a readable font and size, and is positioned in a way that allows the reader to easily scan and read through the content.  The body text is an important part of the overall design of a magazine page, as it provides the main information and content for the reader. In terms of page design, the body text is t...

(22) Hey I got something for you...Magazine Types

  Your back? I didn't think you'd be back to be honest, not quite sure what to do from here, didn't really plan to get this far...hmm, I mean since your already here I guess I can show you something new. Let me see here *looks through collection of hundreds of drafted blog ideas for the year*, ah here is a good one, lets go over Magazine Types!! So today I'll be discussing magazine types with you, lets begin!!! There are 3 main types of magazines that most other magazines fall under as sub-categories, today I'll discuss both in ONE blog, enjoy; CONSUMER MAGAZINES; Our first type of magazine is consumer magazines, the target audience for these types of magazines are the general public and have the widest readership of the 3 types. Some popular examples of this type of magazine are Vogue, Sports Illustrated, and Reader's Digest, most of which we've mentioned in previous blogs. They are commonly printed on glossy papers and as such are often referred to by peop...