Skip to main content

(39) Magazine Review - Double Page Spread


AS ALWAYS GUYS, welcome back, take a seat, let's get straight into it, so for this blog I've picked out some juicy examples that I think you guys will really like, so let's get into the reviews!


Ooo, this is really nice, usually we save the best for last, but wow I think this might be the best one already. The images go hard guys, like it's really cool, and the contrast between black and white always looks good, as humans we are attracted by contrast, so this makes great use of that. I love the overlap of the heading onto both pages, it really helps to make them feel connected and it does so in a effective way, I think this double page spread will be my main inspiration, but let's go over some others!

This one is also good, I wouldn't say it's better than the first, it hardly makes use of contrast and the image is rather dull, not to mention that page is too, it could definitely be better if they made more use of empty space and general design principles, moving on


This is one is good and makes decent use of contrast, the way they did their image is unique and inspiring, they do a great job of connecting the two pages to make it look as one. The fonts are nice and stylish too, I find that all capitalized fonts catch way more attention than their lower cased counterparts and that's for good reason of course, I like this double page spread as much as the first one, but I think the color scheme on the first one is more ideal, so we'll stick to that one as our main source of inspiration. Anyways now that we have a more profound understanding of how our cover, table of contents, and double page spread should look I think it would be wise to make a production calendar in order to have a clear timeline of how we will produce this magazine, so I'll get that ready for you to see.

Until then, thanks for reading!
*Images generously taken from free online sources*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(63) But wait...there's more!! Creative Critical Reflection #1

  The end is nigh. Welcome back guys, well now that we've finished our magazine, let's reflect on this journey! So this is one of four critical reflections that I will be doing! Within each of these I will be answering and reflecting on a question about our magazine. So for today, How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?     Well to answer the first part of this question, let me put it simply, my magazine consists of all the basic conventions of a magazine. It includes a masthead, a main image, cover lines, a date line, a barcode, and a price. Throughout the production process of this magazine I was inspired by many different magazines like Men's Journal and Playboy Magazine. In the cover page, the first thing you notice is my masthead. The masthead is the title of a magazine located at the top of the cover page. I used font hierarchy to determine what I wanted the viewer to see first. I called the magazine Menl...

(30) It's not about the GRA...anatomy of page DEsign part 2!!!

  *Dying* argh...totally worth...the joke...*dies* If you can appreciate that statement for it's depth then you have great perception. I hope these aren't all flying over your head, anyways let's get back to...work...I MEAN FUN LEARNING!! You believing that right? You said no? Good, I don't wanna pretend, let's get straight to it, today I will be covering the remaining terms I see as critical to understand when discussing the anatomy of page design. So to recap I will be discussing body text, images, and graphics today. Let us begin! Body Text: The body text is basically the main text content of an article or feature within a magazine. This text is typically set in a readable font and size, and is positioned in a way that allows the reader to easily scan and read through the content.  The body text is an important part of the overall design of a magazine page, as it provides the main information and content for the reader. In terms of page design, the body text is t...

(22) Hey I got something for you...Magazine Types

  Your back? I didn't think you'd be back to be honest, not quite sure what to do from here, didn't really plan to get this far...hmm, I mean since your already here I guess I can show you something new. Let me see here *looks through collection of hundreds of drafted blog ideas for the year*, ah here is a good one, lets go over Magazine Types!! So today I'll be discussing magazine types with you, lets begin!!! There are 3 main types of magazines that most other magazines fall under as sub-categories, today I'll discuss both in ONE blog, enjoy; CONSUMER MAGAZINES; Our first type of magazine is consumer magazines, the target audience for these types of magazines are the general public and have the widest readership of the 3 types. Some popular examples of this type of magazine are Vogue, Sports Illustrated, and Reader's Digest, most of which we've mentioned in previous blogs. They are commonly printed on glossy papers and as such are often referred to by peop...