Skip to main content

(2) A syllabus and class reflection

 

Hey, If you read the last blog, you know this is for a course on media so I'm going to be discussing the class and how I feel about it simply.


Positives

I am looking forward to this course on media as I find the subject to be engaging, I mean who doesn't enjoy making creative content, I love it. Another reason would be just the freedom to be creative and work with social technology. Besides that I love making entertaining and engaging content for people, it's very enjoyable seeing people laugh or smile because of an edit, video, or work I've done.

Less Positives

Although that isn't to say I expect it to be completely enjoyable or cozy. I'm a little nervous about having to be in groups with people and collaborate I don't enjoy the stress of having people potentially rely on me. The possibility of having to edit videos or images also makes me nervous, I've done it before and I know what a tedious and arduous thing it can, so I hope it isn't as complex as what I had been doing. I am also not the best at photography, my brother has told me on many occasions how horrible I am at taking pictures, I suppose I don't have an eye for picture perfect photos, just funny ones.

So Basically

Putting aside all the excitement and doubts I have for this course I would hope that this course allows me to gain profound knowledge of relevant media techniques that I will be able to remember and possibly use for myself personally. I do take a physical class as well and from that experience I can say the class is living up to my expectations thus far with none of the negatives and I'm greatly enjoying it!


Images taken from the interweb from some nerds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(63) But wait...there's more!! Creative Critical Reflection #1

  The end is nigh. Welcome back guys, well now that we've finished our magazine, let's reflect on this journey! So this is one of four critical reflections that I will be doing! Within each of these I will be answering and reflecting on a question about our magazine. So for today, How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?     Well to answer the first part of this question, let me put it simply, my magazine consists of all the basic conventions of a magazine. It includes a masthead, a main image, cover lines, a date line, a barcode, and a price. Throughout the production process of this magazine I was inspired by many different magazines like Men's Journal and Playboy Magazine. In the cover page, the first thing you notice is my masthead. The masthead is the title of a magazine located at the top of the cover page. I used font hierarchy to determine what I wanted the viewer to see first. I called the magazine Menl...

(30) It's not about the GRA...anatomy of page DEsign part 2!!!

  *Dying* argh...totally worth...the joke...*dies* If you can appreciate that statement for it's depth then you have great perception. I hope these aren't all flying over your head, anyways let's get back to...work...I MEAN FUN LEARNING!! You believing that right? You said no? Good, I don't wanna pretend, let's get straight to it, today I will be covering the remaining terms I see as critical to understand when discussing the anatomy of page design. So to recap I will be discussing body text, images, and graphics today. Let us begin! Body Text: The body text is basically the main text content of an article or feature within a magazine. This text is typically set in a readable font and size, and is positioned in a way that allows the reader to easily scan and read through the content.  The body text is an important part of the overall design of a magazine page, as it provides the main information and content for the reader. In terms of page design, the body text is t...

(22) Hey I got something for you...Magazine Types

  Your back? I didn't think you'd be back to be honest, not quite sure what to do from here, didn't really plan to get this far...hmm, I mean since your already here I guess I can show you something new. Let me see here *looks through collection of hundreds of drafted blog ideas for the year*, ah here is a good one, lets go over Magazine Types!! So today I'll be discussing magazine types with you, lets begin!!! There are 3 main types of magazines that most other magazines fall under as sub-categories, today I'll discuss both in ONE blog, enjoy; CONSUMER MAGAZINES; Our first type of magazine is consumer magazines, the target audience for these types of magazines are the general public and have the widest readership of the 3 types. Some popular examples of this type of magazine are Vogue, Sports Illustrated, and Reader's Digest, most of which we've mentioned in previous blogs. They are commonly printed on glossy papers and as such are often referred to by peop...